Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Christmas Costumes

These are the costumes I made for the Christmas play, "Father Martin," that the Triadelphia SDA church put on this year.

The shirt, vest and pants for the boy on the left were made using Butterick pattern B3072. I made some minor changes so that it would appear tattered. The pants for the boy on the right were also made with pattern B3072. For his vest I adapted McCalls pattern M4290. I made it longer so as to fit in with the time period I needed. For his shirt I used Butterick pattern B5656.

I couldn't find a pattern for the baby's costume, so I designed it myself. :)

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmas Eve Sundown

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Errors and Problems with Butterick Pattern 3072

We interupt our regularly schedualed blogging to offer this public service anouncement...

I have been working on some costumes for our church Christmas play. I am making the shirt, pants and vest from Butterick pattern 3072 (also known as P203). I ran into several problems along the way, and found precious little info on the web that was helpful, so I thought I would share here what I eventually confirmed after calling Butterick.

1. The problem has been fixed if you have a copy of the pattern printed after 2001. I had just purchased mine so it must have been sitting on the shelf for a very long time.

2. The pants: Yes, the elastic charts were switched. The waistband chart should be the leg chart, and the leg chart should be the waistband chart.

3. The shirt: Yes, the stitching instructions for the collar are incorrect. When looking at the picture, you need to stitch along the sides and top of the collar, leaving the bottom edge (with the dot markings) open.

If you find this post because you are looking for answers for questions you have about this pattern, don't hesitate to comment, I will try to give you a more detailed explaination.